I am sure by now most of you have seen this tagging game going around. And Lynn decided she hates me and forced me at gun point to answer all these questions. Well, pointed a tagging at my head maybe.
So behold, more about me than anyone ever needed to know! Enjoy.
FOUR NAMES THAT PEOPLE CALL ME (OTHER THAN MY REAL NAME)
- Nathan, because it is short for Nathanial (yes, my mom spelled it different than the norm).
- Nate- My mother hated this, but coaches go for the shortest name possible. Nate was standard while I played Soccer.
- Barney- Not as much as other family members get, but occasionally, based on my last name..
- Red – Well, they did when I still had hair at least. I miss having hair sometimes. Stupid genetics, I AM ONLY 33 DAMN IT!
FOUR JOBS THAT I HAVE HAD
- Produce Clerk – My high school/early college job. Actually enjoyed this quite a bit, but the store was slowly going out of business
- Pet Store – Met a couple of my best friends here and learned I love birds. Bad side, pretty much ruined pet stores for me. I learned about puppy mills, bad reptile conditions, and basically spent the last six months fighting with the owners. Good side, my knowledge of birds was the reason my parrot’s former owner came to me and offered Jerry to me for free. He had to move and wanted Jerry taken care of.
- Waiter/Bartender – I put my time in. Ever bartended during Kareoke? I don’t recommend it. You will never be able to hear Sweet Caroline without wanting to punch someone. The good news? Met my wife on a slow night there. So that damn dive will always have a place in my heart.
- Current one with a large company. Product rep. I don’t mention the company because they have people who scan social media for references and who knows, I may need to do some major cussing in the future. But thus far they have treated me pretty good.
FOUR MOVIES I HAVE WATCHED MORE THAN ONCE
- Star Wars -Duh
- Tombstone – Outside of The Emperor’s New Groove this is the most quotable movie I know.
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail – Double duh.
- Super Troopers – I know, I know. But I kid you not on this. I brought this home because it was in a clearance bin for four bucks. Over the next week my roommate and I showed to every friend we had. I am positive we watched it six times that week.
FOUR BOOKS I’D RECOMMEND
- I write
FOUR PLACES I HAVE LIVED
- Fort Collins, Colorado – My birthplace and I didn’t leave until I was 26.
- Another house in Fort Collins, Colorado – Moved out of my parant’s place and ended up living with the same roommate for 4 years. We had a couple of ‘other roommates,’ but only one is still called ‘my roommate.’
- Enid, Oklahoma – For two months I worked my aunt and uncles farm. Mostly building fences. Just because I needed something to do when I was 15 and couldn’t drive yet.
- Mead, Colorado – Brave old me moved twenty miles down the road to a small town that is a half hour from anywhere I want to go.
FOUR PLACES I HAVE BEEN
- Idaho – Because my parents have moved there
- California – Because it is where people in the US go to vacation
- Ohio – Not yet actually, but business is taking me there in a month.
- Mexico – Just Tijuana though. For all of a couple hours. But this is the only time I have left the U.S.
FOUR PLACES I’D RATHER BE RIGHT NOW
- Sleeping – But if I could sleep I wouldn’t be typing
- At my parents – Because they spoil me and watch the kid when we visit
- Central America – Would love to go see all my favorite birds in the wild.
- Endor – As long as the Ewoks remember people are not food.
FOUR THINGS I DON’T EAT
- Broccoli – Is there anything that can contaminate food worse? If it so much as touches the food then it is the only taste to be found.
- Mushrooms – Oh ya, there is something that contaminates foods worse than broccoli.
- Steak- Oh, I will eat it. But a steak is wasted on me so don’t waste your money. I would rather chop the meat up and make tacos.
- Ice cream that isn’t vanilla based. Don’t ruin the perfect things in life.
FOUR OF MY FAVORITE FOODS
- Burritos- Flour tortilla, re-fried beans, cheese. I will take other toppings or fillings, but I can eat this for any meal.
- Sugar Cereal – Preferable with little marshmallows. No, I never grew out of it.
- Salsa – Hot salsa, preferably with lots of cilantro.
- Candy – I have the worse sweet tooth you have ever seen. Ask my wife.
FOUR TV SHOWS THAT I’VE WATCHED…
- Firefly – The only sci-fi that my wife likes.
- Scrubs – Favorite show in my house. We own all the box sets and rewatch them one a night.
- Big Bang Theory – Yes, it is not the worlds greatest show. But it is good background noise
- Sports – Really this is the most likely thing to be on our TV.
FOUR THINGS THAT I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS YEAR (THE NEXT 12 MONTHS)
- New job – Same company, but a new position. Starts sometime this month.
- Vacation – Usually go spend a week with my folks in the summer. Always a good trip.
- Saturdays – New job cuts down the amount of these I have to work in a a major way.
- Good books, good beer, lots of family time.
FOUR THINGS I AM ALWAYS SAYING
- “If you fuck with the bull, you get the horns.” A phrase I stole from my dad.
- “Love you too” – To my 4 year old, many times a day.
- “Are you pondering what I’m pondering” – My wife and I both have fond memories of Pinky and the Brain.
- “It is hard to be humble” – An old country song my wife dedicated to me. Apparently I need to learn more humility? I am also know to say “I crack myself up.”
FOUR PEOPLE I TAG
I break chain letters, I do! I tag none of you. But feel free to do it if you want.